This past week my arty teacher came to me and told me about a mask auction for a disabled school in my town. I was just going to do a generic plastic mask with some sequin and ribbon, but I realized I had seen some pictures of crocheted masks, and could probably do that instead! I looked on Ravelry for some patterns, but there were very few and none of them really stuck out to me. I decided to freehand them, thinking it'd be easy.
This has been my most challenging project to date.. I had never done lace work before and trying to freehand lace is no easy task, let alone this being my first time working with crochet thread.
Complaining aside, I'm very happy with how they came out. I ended up adding some embellishments per my art teacher's request, but the only pictures I have right now are them being blocked. To make them firm I used Mod Podge Fabric Hardener, which you can find at Michaels for around $6.
I might try to write up a pattern for these soon, if I can figure out how to write it without being super confusing. Hope you have a great rest of your day!